Old 05-08-2006, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
ed ed is offline

Default field mice eating tomatoes vs Cayenne pepper mixed with water -

I sure will try that mixture, will start with the ripening fruit 1st!
This could be a win win for us and the soil, kewl, I'll post results in
few days.
thanks, ed

I see field mice eating mine, :-(,,, after a few lbs of poisen bait,
and limited results,
I would much rather use this Diatomaceous earth method, think it will deter the mice ?
As I recall it's avail at pool supply stores ? TIA,,,, ed in Sacramento
Ca.

Cayenne pepper mixed with water - couple heaping tablespoons per gallon
and sprinkled on plants will stop rabbits and squirrels from munching -
won't harm plants. Don't know abut mice. A few of my tomatoes have
been attacked from the bottom by some kind of worm - must be the
hornworm - I put any infected tomato into the plastic gargabe can -
hopefully to control the spread.

Will Sevin work on hormworms?