Old 05-08-2006, 04:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Weird Grass?

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:35:53 -0400, "Dean A. Markley"
wrote:

OK, first I am in SE PA if that means anything. My lawn is a blend of
bluegrass and fescues with the latter dominating. Lately, I've been
getting these clumps of yellow/green grass. They are individual shoots
with somewhat larger blades than fescues. The stuff grows faster than
the rest of the lawn. That is I can mow and two days later, this weird
grass is already two inches higher than the lawn. It's somewhat easy to
pull if you grasp it by the crown. However, there is enough that I am
losing the pulling war.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Dean

I seem to be getting the same grass too. NE PA here.

I send my 4 year old out to pick them. That's the only suggestion.
I've heard this 'weird grass' is very much grass like, so anything
that would kill it, will kill your grass.

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com