Old 19-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Dwayne

Default when is it spring (pruning)

Fruit trees and roses must be dormant when you prune them. Some flowers
need to be pruned when they finish blooming in the late summer or early
fall. Not knowing what plants you are talking about makes it a little hard
to give you a good answer.

I would imagine that a prospective buyer would overlook plants that need
pruning, more so than they would plants that had been damaged by frost.

Dwayne

"Amber" wrote in message
ahh sorry to ask a dumb question but my books are in storage ready for our
move and I just looked out on the sad garden and thought I should do some
spring tasks so it looks as best as it can when we try and sell, well less
messey anyhow.

When is it counted as spring so I can prune back things that take a spring
pruning? I am presuming if I do it too early a last min frost could kill

the
buds/plant. It seemed cold this morning (SE London) so I did part of the
budleia so it felt like I had done something but was that wrong?

Thanks
amber