Old 06-08-2006, 08:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default Help Me Cut My Grass

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Jethro" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:46:35 GMT, "Srgnt Billko"
wrote:

"Jethro" wrote in message
. ..
I've been putting up with something that is beginning to irritate me.
I have a 42" rider. The mower-wheels are in from the spread of the
deck. As a result, as I cut a path, the front wheels 'mat' the grass
some - enough that the cutting-blades do not cut the as they go over
the 'matted' grass. As a result, I look back and I always see a,
say, 4" swath, that I then have to make a second cutting trip over a
slightly different path so the wheels do not 'mat' the same grass
again, and then the blades do cut that grass.

Anyone experience this? And if so, do you have a trick to avoid this
aggravation?

Dumb question, huh?

Jethro

Go on a diet - lose weight - and put wider tires on the front with
lower air
pressure.

Thanks - I needed That! :)

You can also try new blades with higher lips to lift the grass up better.

Be careful not to weed-wack your walnut tree too, right Sarge?