Old 06-08-2006, 09:50 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Froggy

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:21:47 GMT, "M&K" wrote:

We have a pretty small pond; one of those kidney-shaped plastic jobs you
pick up at Menard's or Home Depot. It nestles snugly in the corner where the
steps to our deck meet the pavers bordering our backyard. Probably a foot
deep at it's deepest.

Last week, a green frog took up residence here. We like the frog just fine,
but we live in Northern Illinois and the pond is not deep enough for him to
spend the winter. Can I relocate him somehow? Or maybe take him inside
during the winter and keep him in his own tank?

If he came on his own, imo, he'll know where to go for winter.... though,
even in that shallow of a pond you could put a bird bath heater in and keep
an opening in the ice, that's all he would need, if he even stays for
winter. Many frogs winter in yard debris, perhaps yours is of that variety?
~ jan www.jjspond.us

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium