Old 07-08-2006, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle Penelope Periwinkle is offline

Default winter tomato crop

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:18:01 +0100, terryd
wrote:

Is it possible to plant any type of tomato now ready for a winter crop
?
I have just been reading this article here
http://tinyurl.com/noas8

That's an interesting article. I grow Stupice for my early tomatoes
in the spring, and I agree with their description. They're great
little tomatoes.

I've never thought about growing a winter crop before, though. I was
given to understand that the lower light levels combined with the cold
made it almost impossible. Now I'm tempted to try a fall crop and see
if I can have Thanksgiving tomatoes.

But i am not sure of what type of tomato to sow.
They would out side in big pots.

Are you going to bring them inside during cold snaps?

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"