Old 19-03-2003, 02:56 PM
mick

Default mice

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ill.network...
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:41:54 -0000, mick wrote:

Actually I didnt cross post. I dont believe its ettiquette.

IMHO your simple query is a candidate for cross posting to the two
groups that I have seen your query in (uk.rec.gardening and uk.d-i-y),
it is relevant to both.

Cross posting that is frowned upon is when one or more of the groups
cross posted too is not particulary relevant to the topic or when
there are more than a few groups in the list.

I wasnt sure it was relevent , hence the seperate postings , the thinking
being that if it was OT for one or other groups a cross post would be very
irritating in the group where members considered it off topic. Two seperate
postings means it would die quickly in the group where it was not relevent
without clogging the system with OT postings in that group. Crossposts have
a habit of clogging systems with many such posts - more than the two
seperate postings would generate.

I cannt search on my server...

groups.google.com is your friend via a web browser.

my web browser itself is not operational at the moment , Im having a few
problems with it - as I have already indicated.
I have got my NNTP news running as a stand alone , hence I did not a search.