Old 08-08-2006, 07:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Ornamental tree

G'day Mike

Have you thought about a Bauhinia? I wanted something similar to your
description and bought one at a local nursery. They aren't frost
tolerant though, so it depends how close to the coast you live. There
are various shades of pink (mine's the darkest) to almost a white/cream.

One or two flowers are starting to open on mine at the moment but they
are quite spectacular.

Bronwyn ;-)

Mike Bateman wrote:
I live in SA southern coastal area and would like some information or advice
on what ornamental deciduous tree to plant. I am looking for a bit of
colour / flowers and up to a maximum height/width of 3m x 2m.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Mike