Old 08-08-2006, 08:23 AM posted to aus.gardens
Mike Mike is offline

Default Ornamental tree

Many thanks Bronwyn, I shall be checking out Bunnings at the weekend for one
of those. It does get pretty chilly here and a fair bit of dew but havent
seen any frost yet. I am about 1 km from the beach so I think it should be
ok here.
Cheers
Mike
"HC" wrote in message
G'day Mike

Have you thought about a Bauhinia? I wanted something similar to your
description and bought one at a local nursery. They aren't frost tolerant
though, so it depends how close to the coast you live. There are various
shades of pink (mine's the darkest) to almost a white/cream.

One or two flowers are starting to open on mine at the moment but they are
quite spectacular.

Bronwyn ;-)

Mike Bateman wrote:
I live in SA southern coastal area and would like some information or
advice on what ornamental deciduous tree to plant. I am looking for a
bit of colour / flowers and up to a maximum height/width of 3m x 2m.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Mike