Old 08-08-2006, 02:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Guitarist511 Guitarist511 is offline

Default How to fix lawn

All great comments. I too started using Milorganite. I think a crab
grass preventer though is really needed at the beginning, and I'm going
back to the chems.

Anyway, I got some of that Weed-be-Gone Crab Grass Killer. I sprayed
the front lawn. I don't know if it'll really do much, but I read the
crab grass dies anyway every winter and its the seeds you have to worry
about. If I use a crab grass preventor in the spring, I think I'll be
okay. Scotts says it works all season.

As far as reseeding, I really don't want to kill everything I have in
my back yard. My property is a good size and that I feel would be too
costly. Every feels that the fall is a better time to overseed than in
the spring? If I did do it in the fall, September is the time to do it
or can I push it say to Oct or Nov? Also, is watering required for
overseeding in the fall or no because soon after the seeds would be
dormant?