Old 08-08-2006, 12:43 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Ornamental tree

In article 1155018073.416889@teuthos, "Mike Bateman"
wrote:

I live in SA southern coastal area and would like some information or advice
on what ornamental deciduous tree to plant. I am looking for a bit of
colour / flowers and up to a maximum height/width of 3m x 2m.
Any suggestions?

I suggest you be more precise --

* Evergreen or deciduous?
* Sunny or shady position? Is it a windy spot or sheltered?
* How is the soil and drainage?
* What colour flowers? Blooming at what time of year?
* What sort of leaf shape?
* What tone -- blue-green, grey-green, yellow-green...?
* What shape of tree?
* Wht other plants does it need to harmmonise with?

To be quite honest, it would be hard to find a *tree* that only grows to 3m.
Is there some reason not to get a taller plant, eg overhead wires? Is there
any reason you can't have a shrub instead?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue