Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

But to that rock under the apple tree - do you put it under the

tree

AIUI, you put the stone under the tree when planting - in the bottom

of the
hole, IOW. I would imagine it must be of a size that would allow

the roots
to go over the edge and spread outwards into the soil. The stone's

job is
to stop the roots just going straight down. If you think of the

size of
canopy of some apple trees, it makes sense.

Thank you. It does indeed make sense. Must try it next tiem I plant
an apple tree.