Old 10-08-2006, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Trachelospermum jasminoides (variegated)

In article , tresco
writes

Does anyone have experience of growing this in South East England?
Various reference works regard it as a conservatory plant or as
marginally hardy. Would it be OK on a trellis in a very sheltered
Chiltern garden - or does it really need a wall for protection? If it
needs a wall, it will have to live in a pot. I bought this in a fit of
enthusiasm in a sale and now don't know where to put it!
Regards
Deborah

I live in Amersham and still have one in a pot on the front doorstep
against the wall as I haven't got round to trying to put wires up to
train it up the wall. It seems happy if a little slowed down in growth
but I have seen them right up the back of a local house on a wall
facing north west.

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy