Old 11-08-2006, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default 100s of slugs: pine needles, oat bran ?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article ,
Farm1 writes

I've found that stale beer in saucers or any of the yeast based toast
spreads like Marmite/Promite/Vegemite mixed with water to a soup or
cornflakes and Derris Dust mixed together and moistended works on
them.

Strange because they say eating Marmite deters those Scottish midges as
well. ! I personally love Marmite but most of the family hate it! I must
try the Marmite soup idea.

I like Marmite as well, but somehow never think of buying it when in the
Supermarket.

Alan

--
Janet Tweedy