Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TranceDylan TranceDylan is offline

Default Dwarf Olive

Any ideas anyone?

wrote:
Hi all,
A couple of years ago I purchased a Dwarf Olive from Bakker. When it
arrived it was approximately 12" tall and a bit skinny. I've re-potted
it a couple of times and due to the weather this summer it is now just
over 3feet tall and about 24" wide. It currently lives in a big
earthenware pot with good drainage and a covering of clay balls over
the compost to stop it drying out too quickly. It has not yet produced
any fruit (I guess it is probably about 3 years old).
Unfortunately I have found very little information on what I should be
doing with the tree. Should I be pruning it, if so how severely? Ought
I put some stakes into the pot and tie the branches and train it a la
Bonsai? Should I bring her into the kitchen over the forthcoming
winter?
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Many thanks in advance
Chris