Old 12-08-2006, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] is offline

Default I have a problem!

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

I want to killfile that idiot Mike who professes to have been in the navy.

If I set up a killfile to kill 'Mike' it could well kill posts from the
other Mike, so how can I make sure I just get the silly one and not the
other?

Alan

The kill is not on the "From name" shown but rather on the email address
associated with posting articles on newsgroups. So you won't accidentally
kill two people with the same name. It doesn't matter if their email address
is valid or not. If you are using Outlook Express Click Tools Message
Rules Blocked Senders List - this will show "who" you have currently
killfiled (or rather their email address).

So if you now click Tools Accounts News and select the Properties this
will show your own email address as above If you
don't want to get spam by showing your real email address (too late now)
this is where you put some rubbish such as
the format of
the rubbish address must be valid though with an @ and an extension such as
..com
The only danger regarding killfile is that if the person you are killfiling
has coincidentally (or purposely) set their email address to the same
rubbish as a real gardener, then you will kill file that person too! So if
one of the regulars suddenly seems to have stopped posting you will know
why! Hope this helps.