Old 19-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Metal Halide lights for orchids?

Kevin wrote:

Yeah, a few friends who grow way too many plants (is that possible?)
have Metal Halide/hps lights in areas where we congregate, and the
lights give a harsh cast to things- it seems to bother the non-plant
folks more than most.... Did you notice an improvement with the extra
HPS light? I'm thinking about one of those expensive MH lights with
extra red spectrum. Opinions?

thanks

I've always found the MH lights more pleasant than HPS. I would
never have HPS in an area which I entertained guests. Different strokes
for different folks, I guess.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit