Old 13-08-2006, 07:43 PM posted to austin.gardening
H. Adam Stevens H. Adam Stevens is offline

Default snakes in yard

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"H. Adam Stevens" wrote:

What happened to the snakes?
This has turned into a goddam deer thread.

Last rattler I had in the house got a facefull of .38 rat shot.
Killed a copperhead in the pool last Summer. He was coiled up in the
skimmer.
Come to think of it, every snake I have seen in six years of living out
here
next to Camp Swift has been a timber rattler except for two copperheads.
And I have killed each and every one.

But it was a fiddleback spider killed my cat.

Cheers
H.

Dust routinely, don't give them places to hide...

Condolences on the loss of your kitty. :-(

I normally spare spiders and don't kill them.
I make an exception for the Brown Recluse.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

One of the best things for spiders are those sticky boards.
And you get to watch them die.

The only snakes I have killed have been venomous and in or near the house.

The cat was feral. Came out of Camp Swift. Wonderful guy.

Little fella sure liked to eat rabbits.

Cheers
H.