Old 13-08-2006, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default I have a problem!

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, K wrote:

Are you using Turnpike? If so, open one of his posts, hit 'kill' (in
the 'article' menu in this version of TOP, but it was somewhere else
in earlier versions) and choose 'kill author'. That will just kill
posts from Mike from his current address. You'll have to kill him all
over again each time he changes his address.

I do that but Turnpike still downloads the headers. Is there any way
of stopping that?

No, I don't think so. Is it a problem?

I list the headers and dip into what I think is interesting.

Usually I just hop from new post to new post using the space bar, so I
only see thread titles when I want to go back and find a particular
post for some reason, and I'm on broadband so the fact of downloading
headers for posts I'm not going to read doesn't bother me.

I've been using Turnpike for years but didn't know that trick! Thanks!
But having tried it I find that the space bar takes me backwards. Oh
well, time to read the manual, I suppose!

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France