Old 14-08-2006, 02:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
frank megaweege frank megaweege is offline

Default preserving habaneros

Thomas (dot) wrote:
I used a small backyard
smoker and I used charcoal for heat and mesquite wood for the smoke, but
hickory, pecan or apple wood would work.
Smoke them on a VERY low temp for a long time and check them often. You
will be able to tell when they are dry. I still use some that I have in a
spice jar which I smoked over 5 years ago.
good luck!

I tried to smoke some in a regular covered charcoal grill with wood
chips this weekend. I'm not sure but they may have gotten burned.
They're pretty brown and shriveled. I guess I'll have to try some
tonight to see if they taste ok.