Old 14-08-2006, 01:30 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Raphanus Raphanus is offline

Default Endangered Species...

How hard is it for an individual to legally obtain seeds and/or
cuttings of an endangered species? Specifically I'm thinking of
Echinacea laevigata (Smooth Purple Coneflower). My purpose would be to
try to grow it. It is native to South Carolina (where I live) and
there are native populations on DOE's Savannah River Site a few miles
away. I would think that "enthusiatic amateurs" would be encouraged to
help grow new populations but maybe I missing something. I would
document my efforts. Thanks.