Old 19-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default The evolution of plants: some help please.

In article , maureen
writes
I am a first year student studying biology at university.And we have
to elaborate a file whom subject is the evolution of some plants in
specific climates, like cactus, nenuphares, algue and carnivorous
plants. Do you have any informations about this subject, some good
internet sites or books?

The most current single view of plant phylogeny available online is
probably the Angiosperm Phylogeny Website at Missouri Botanic Garden
(http://www.mobot.org). After that, it's a matter of tracking down
recent papers, and unpublished results.

"The Families and Genera of Vascular Plants, Vol. 5" (Kubitzki & Bayer,
2003) says that 5 (out of 8) families of carnivorous plants form a
clade, and refers to a paper

Meimberg et al, "Molecular Phylogeny of Caryophyllales s.l. ... with
special emphasis on carnivorous taxa", Plant Biol. 2: 218-228.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Malvaceae/Malvaceae.html