Old 14-08-2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default mint with flowers

In article ,
"William L. Rose" wrote:

In article ,
Henriette Kress wrote:

wrote:

Can mint still be used for tea after it has begun flowering, or does
flowering reduce the intensity of the leaves?

I usually pick my mint in flower. More plant for the same effort ...

Henriette

My experience is that herbs are at their most intense during flowering.
Anybody think of an exception?
- Bill

Wild Onions... ;-)
They lose flavor totally when they bloom.....

But other than that, I agree with ya!
--
Peace!
Om