Old 15-08-2006, 03:02 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Did you see the price of tomatoes?

In article .com,
"James" wrote:

I am happy that my garden is actually paying for itself this year. Too
bad I don't love tomatoes.

I do love tomatoes, but they are running around $1.59 per lb.
Some nice big ones were on for $.98 per lb. today, but they do not have
anywhere _near_ the flavor of home grown......

I did not grow any this year. The price of water is too high. :-(
I'm going to convert one of my raised beds for tomatoes since the
asparagus is not doing well anyway, or try some container gardening to
conserve on water.
--
Peace!
Om