Old 15-08-2006, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Unknown flower

Limeņo wrote:
I have just published this request on another NG by error.
I meant it to be this one.
Hi.
Can anyone help.
My beloved dried and sowed some pepper seeds.
Bell pepper I think.
The results are now in the garden but the flowers look
nothing like pepper. The seed pods/fruits have largish hairs, I have
not felt them.
I have put some photos on a temp web site in the hopes that some kind
person can enlighten us. The URL is

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFold...shareID=240987

Many thanks in advance
Derek

Thorn apple, halucagenic drug, toxic in the right (or wrong?) quantities to
humans, cats, dogs, horses and chickens, it /can/ be absorbed through the
skin so don't touch it too much, it stinks if you do anyway...respiratory
and stomach problems will occur along with halucinations, it causes coma,
temors and death, other than that it's pretty harmless.
My advice is to wear marigold gloves, rip the buggers up and take them to
the dump, they will self seed prolifically otherwise.