Old 14-08-2006, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Unknown flower

I have just published this request on another NG by error.
I meant it to be this one.
Hi.
Can anyone help.
My beloved dried and sowed some pepper seeds.
Bell pepper I think.
The results are now in the garden but the flowers look
nothing like pepper. The seed pods/fruits have largish hairs, I have not
felt them.
I have put some photos on a temp web site in the hopes that some kind
person can enlighten us. The URL is

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFold...shareID=240987

Many thanks in advance
Derek
--

Nuestra página web es bilingüe
Our web site is bilingual
Old 14-08-2006, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Limeño" wrote in message
I have just published this request on another NG by error.
I meant it to be this one.
Hi.
Can anyone help.
My beloved dried and sowed some pepper seeds.
Bell pepper I think.
The results are now in the garden but the flowers look
nothing like pepper. The seed pods/fruits have largish hairs, I have not
felt them.
I have put some photos on a temp web site in the hopes that some kind
person can enlighten us. The URL is

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFold...shareID=240987

Many thanks in advance
Derek
--

Nuestra página web es bilingüe
Our web site is bilingual
http://www.amigosesp.co.uk

Datura/Brugsmania/Angels trumpet
They are Poisonous.
Much more interesting than peppers.

Old 14-08-2006, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Limeño wrote:
I have just published this request on another NG by error.
I meant it to be this one.
Hi.
Can anyone help.
My beloved dried and sowed some pepper seeds.
Bell pepper I think.
The results are now in the garden but the flowers look
nothing like pepper. The seed pods/fruits have largish hairs, I have not
felt them.
I have put some photos on a temp web site in the hopes that some kind
person can enlighten us. The URL is

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFold...shareID=240987

Datura? Thorn Apple?
Certainly not pepper and toxic/dangerous to ingest.

Des

Many thanks in advance
Derek

Old 14-08-2006, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Limeño" wrote in message
I have just published this request on another NG by error.
I meant it to be this one.
Hi.
Can anyone help.
My beloved dried and sowed some pepper seeds.
Bell pepper I think.
The results are now in the garden but the flowers look
nothing like pepper. The seed pods/fruits have largish hairs, I have not
felt them.
I have put some photos on a temp web site in the hopes that some kind
person can enlighten us. The URL is

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFold...shareID=240987

Many thanks in advance
Derek

Datura/Brugsmania/Angels trumpet
They are Poisonous.
Much more interesting than peppers.

Wow! What a surprise. Many thanks to you and Des for the
elightenment.
I have now done a search with the info to find pics etc
Have shown it all to my beloved and she is flabergasted.
Can't understand how the Pepper seeds have turned into Datura
ones:-))
She tells me that she took the seeds out of the pepper,
dried them in the greenhouse the sowed them in pots in the compost that
I had bought from FOCUS. Every pot had a plant and she planted them in
the garden where these the Datura are now growing.
Any theories as to how it has happened?
I can't imagine a bird dropping them all in such a neat pattern and
killing off the Peppers:-))
Regards
Derek
Old 14-08-2006, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Limeño" wrote in message
Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Limeño" wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps you are not really loved by your beloved
"Man killed eating strange peppers. Smiling Wife denies all knowledge of
tragedy."

Old 14-08-2006, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Limeño" wrote in message
Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Limeño" wrote in message

Ñac

[...]

Hmmm , now there's a thought -(;
Old 14-08-2006, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

Datura/Brugsmania/Angels trumpet
They are Poisonous.
Much more interesting than peppers.

really? I hate the blasted things which spread like flipping weeds. I
spend most of the year pulling them up.

Old 14-08-2006, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"pammyT" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

Datura/Brugsmania/Angels trumpet
They are Poisonous.
Much more interesting than peppers.

really? I hate the blasted things which spread like flipping weeds. I
spend most of the year pulling them up.

If only I could get them to spread like weeds. Mine need tender care and
bringing on inside. You must have fab growing conditions?

Old 15-08-2006, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Limeño wrote:
I have just published this request on another NG by error.
I meant it to be this one.
Hi.
Can anyone help.
My beloved dried and sowed some pepper seeds.
Bell pepper I think.
The results are now in the garden but the flowers look
nothing like pepper. The seed pods/fruits have largish hairs, I have
not felt them.
I have put some photos on a temp web site in the hopes that some kind
person can enlighten us. The URL is

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFold...shareID=240987

Many thanks in advance
Derek

Thorn apple, halucagenic drug, toxic in the right (or wrong?) quantities to
humans, cats, dogs, horses and chickens, it /can/ be absorbed through the
skin so don't touch it too much, it stinks if you do anyway...respiratory
and stomach problems will occur along with halucinations, it causes coma,
temors and death, other than that it's pretty harmless.
My advice is to wear marigold gloves, rip the buggers up and take them to
the dump, they will self seed prolifically otherwise.