Old 15-08-2006, 03:32 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Did you see the price of tomatoes?

In article .com,
wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article .com,
"James" wrote:

I am happy that my garden is actually paying for itself this year. Too
bad I don't love tomatoes.

I do love tomatoes, but they are running around $1.59 per lb.
Some nice big ones were on for $.98 per lb. today, but they do not have
anywhere _near_ the flavor of home grown......

Yes, stores sell something called a tomatoe, but it bears no resemble
to the tomatoes grow in my garden

I also notice that so called "roadside stands" are also starting to
sell this pale looking baseball like "tomatoe" thingy, and cost more
then at the store, what's up with that?

Cheapness... :-(

I really am craving a good garden tomato.
I'll have to try to remember to hit the farmers market tomorrow
afternoon!

I'll pay their price, no matter what it is. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson