Old 16-08-2006, 09:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Mysterious flowering tree in my garden

"told2b" expounded:

Val wrote:

Those blossoms look like witch hazel to me also. I also seem to remember
reading about a pink or red witch hazel somewhere, only it's not actually a
Hamamelis, the flower just very much resembles this. Don't have time to
power Google now, maybe later if somebody doesn't give it a shot first.

Val

Hamamelis X intermedia 'Diane'

Is it winter in Japan now?

That is definitely not a Hamamelis, it's some form of a cherry. The
leaves are totally wrong, and the color is off for 'Diane'.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts