Old 16-08-2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak[_1_] Cheryl Isaak[_1_] is offline

Default fragrant flowers for shade or semi-shade?

On 8/16/06 5:57 AM, in article ,
"Pat Kiewicz" wrote:

said:

Hello,

I have a lot of shade. That immediately limits my choice of what will
grow. On the other hand, having old maples is a blessing.

Anyway, what flowers will grow in shade or semi-shade AND have a
pleasing aroma?

I would also recommend looking into scented hosta varieties.

My hosta 'Royal Standard' is coming into bloom and has a simply
*amazing* scent. My 'Guacamole' was planted this year and hasn't
bloomed, but it should be fragrant, too.

I have H. "Honeybells" - a gift from a friend - and it too is fragrant.

Have you thought about some of the true germaniums - some of their leaves
are scented.

Cheryl