Old 16-08-2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default mint with flowers

In article ,
"William L. Rose" wrote:

This really is like herding cats isn't it? (head'em up, move'em out)

lol Thread drift happens, sorry!

The subject on the table before us was flowering mint and whether its'
incomparable and sublime gastronomical qualities were blemished by it's
primordial, irrepressible, biological impulse to flower. I took the
imprudent step of expanding the discussion to herbs in general. And now
look what's happened. We're all the bloody way back over in condiments.

I think the answer was that blooming made it better. :-)
I concur. I used to grow spearmint and lemon mint.

So to sum up. The flowering mint should just be ducky for brewing a
tisane to imbibe on a warm summer afternoon. As long, of course, as you
keep the wilting wild onions, radishes, jalapeno peppers and the odd
Charolais out of it.

So. Done here then are we? Good;-

- Bill

Indeed... G