Old 16-08-2006, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill jtill is offline

Default Another attempt from flask

Nancy G. wrote:

Why don't you sell your spares on eBay?

T. has been after me to do just that. I feel insecure about the
quality and cleanliness of the plants because I grow outside in the
summer. I'd have to offer them bare root to be sure that hitchhikers
don't get shipped out with the plants. Some of them look raggedy
because of the sun and hot dry wind. My orchids grow and bloom, but
they are not coddled. Well, some of them are, but still get pushed to
their limits. Some of my potting methods are unorthodox at best, a
combination of what works best for my growing conditions.

http://midwestorchids.com/growing-or...side-a751.html
(My apologies to the group. T. is a webmaster etc and created the
site. Then he told me to write a few articles about my experience as a
novice.) The leaves on that Catt are nice bright green and firm. The
roots healthy. The pseudo bulbs get exercise. It's vigorous and
tough. I got it originally in a 2 1/4" pot. I now have 3 nice
divisions. All are bigger than the inflated descriptions of "speciman
size" on ebay.

I think that you should use the above writeup in your eBay blurb! It
would sell! Anyway, I would buy from you over the general hype, BS
write ups of plants I see. It would pass the smell test!

Joe T