Old 19-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Pete The Gardener

Default Must have books in your collection ?

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:14:51 -0000, "david"
wrote:

As I said I have the first 7 volumes priced at 8/6d a volume, the last
entry in Vol 7 is turnips..... so don't know what I am missing from there
on.

Well after Turnip mine goes on to 'Turnip, Devil's', 'Turnip Flea',
'Turnip Galls', 'Turnip, Indian', 'Turnip, Lion's', 'Turnip Moths',
'Turnip Radish', 'Turnip-rooted Celery', 'Turnip, St. Anthony's',
'Turnip Sawfly', 'Turnip-seed Weevil', before it gets onto 'Turnsole',
'Turpentine Tree' and 'Turpentine Vessels'

On close examination I see it was bought 2nd hand in 1934 for the princely
sum of 14shillings for 7 volumes so there has always been one missing from
the family collection.. might account for why we never grew Vines. Wisteria
..Zinnias etc.

:-)

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.