Old 17-08-2006, 02:32 AM posted to austin.gardening
Gary Brady Gary Brady is offline

Default Flameleaf Sumac

jojo wrote:
I really don't know how to handle them properly...

Thanks for any help,

jojo

Don't know about seeds, but I've read somewhere that these trees are
easy to transplant. You might get more instant gratification that way.
Be aware that they are not very long lived, though. I've had several
come and go since I've lived in my current location. Very colorful in
the fall and attact a lot of bees when they bloom, and the dead wood
burns well in the fireplace, although a little fast.

--
Gary Brady (who turns all of his yard waste into mulch or firewood)
Austin, TX