Old 15-08-2006, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Water lily leaves

Alan Holmes wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Nick Byford wrote:
To a degree yes.
We have a couple of water lilies in our pond too and apart from
removing the leaves that are obviously dead, we tend to leave well
alone.

Nick

www.pennix.co.uk

"MikeCT" wrote in message
This is my first year growing a water lily (Nymphala pygmaea
Helvola) which has flowered well in my mini pond, but now the
leaves are starting to die out. Do water lily leaves die down in
the autumn and winter?

Mike CT

Snip of dead material as near to the crown as possible.

A little bit impractical!

Alan

--
ßôyþëtë

I said 'as near as possible'
To minimise rotting vegetation on the pond bottom.
And at 6ft, that's not a lily, that's a triffid!
--
ßôyþëtë