Old 19-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Mr Stout

Default Plant Grazer... Pl*co maybe?

My planted 29 USgal tank is looking pretty shabby. My Amazon swords have
holes in most of the leaves; the dwarf sag is nearly all gone; my hygro is
completely gone; the cardinal plants are leggy and full of holes; however,
my anubias is doing wonderfully and so is the java moss and java fern. My
question is, what might be happening to my plants?

This tank has been set up for about 1 ½ years now. The water parameters are
great (pH 7.4, KH apx 3º, GH apx 3º, Ammonia 0, NO2 0, NO3 .5 ±). The tank
is stocked with a common pl*co (apx 3 inches long), 4 cories, 2 SAE, 2 algae
eaters, an otto, a red tail shark, 4 neons, 2 dwarf gourami, and 2 cherry
barbs.

I add DYI CO2, flourish iron, and "Seachem®" Equilibrium (to purified
water). I have a Custom Sea Life 50/50 55watt light and 2 -15 watt compact
fluorescents mounted in the hood.

I feed my bottom fish spirulina tabs every other day and then shrimp pellets
on the alternating day. Is it necessary to feed them fresh vegetables? I'm
not a big veggie fan, so I don't often have rabbit food in the house. ;o)

Any suggestions, help would be appreciated,
TIA

Mr Stout
www.calvaryweb.us/FishySite