Old 18-08-2006, 01:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default recipe for Zucchini Loaf

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

well, YUM!

we had an unexpectedly bumper crop of zucchini this summer & since i only
know one (1) zucchini recipe, it got frankly tragic as time went on.
(bloody
zucchini bake 3 times a week for a while there :-) fortunately the frost
came along & killed the plants, just as we were at the point of utter
despair ;-)

this summer shall be much better - i have two recipes now g

There is no such thing as an *unexpectedly* bumper crop of zucchini! You
just
need to remember to only plant one plant.

aaaaahhhhhh! you will be my salvation, chookie g

to be fair to myself, though, i was just trying to err on the side of
avoiding total failure - i.e. no, or not enough, zucchini. i must say, in
all my vegetable endeavours, it seems to be feast or famine! i will get the
balance right eventually, i know (when i'm about 92).

I'm going to grow 'Early White' squash again this year -- or, as I prefer
call them, flying saucer squash.

my Exciting New Squash (in general, i loathe them bar pumpkin & zucchini &
avoid them like the plague ;-) this year will be spaghetti squash. i'm quite
excited, because i just can't _imagine_ it, iyswim. so that will be fun.
less fun, i'm somewhat resigned to either having them coming out my ears, or
loving them but finding there just aren't enough. g
kylie