Old 18-08-2006, 12:55 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default recipe for Zucchini Loaf

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

I guess this is an option if you plant from seed, but if you buy
your plants by the punnet you get at least 8 at a time, and how
can you bear to throw them away?

good point, and this is one of my battles - i have trouble "thinning" for
success & removing the strugglers, although i know i should. i tend to let
them linger pointlessly on until competition or lack of vigour does them in
for me - it's daft, i know. it comes from my waste-no-want-not mindset, but
it's genuinely counterproductive.

LOL -- just think of them as compost.

in a case where you've bought 8 (or whatever) baby plants where you really
wanted fewer but had no choice, it's doubly difficult & is truly a waste if
none of them are duds or strugglers, & no friends or family want to take the
spares.

True -- but with zucchini, you can sometimes get single advanced plants.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue