Old 19-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Frank Martin

Default Palm tree fronds turning yellow.

I bought the healthy-looking palm from a large department
store with very poor lighting. I replanted it into a larger
pot being careful to retain all the existing soil, and I
water it regularly. The yellowing occurs mainly on the sun
side of the palm on the most mature fronds, and the young
ones are quite healthy.
It has been a hot summer here. Regards Frank.

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
| Hello Frank,
| Palms can never get too much sunlight. Leaf yellowing can
result from
| soil nutrient defficiencies or from disease. There might
be a way to
| narrow down the cause of the yellowing if you can tell me
more about
| it.Are all the leaves affected, or just the old ones, or
the young