Old 18-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Frank Martin

Default Palm tree fronds turning yellow.

I have a small "Wedding Palm" Lytocaryum Weddellianum, and
it turning yellow/brown at the end of its fronds. Can this
be due to too much sunlight?

Old 19-03-2003, 02:44 AM
Greg

Hello Frank,
Palms can never get too much sunlight. Leaf yellowing can result from
soil nutrient defficiencies or from disease. There might be a way to
narrow down the cause of the yellowing if you can tell me more about
it.Are all the leaves affected, or just the old ones, or the young
ones?

Greg
Old 19-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Frank Martin

I bought the healthy-looking palm from a large department
store with very poor lighting. I replanted it into a larger
pot being careful to retain all the existing soil, and I
water it regularly. The yellowing occurs mainly on the sun
side of the palm on the most mature fronds, and the young
ones are quite healthy.
It has been a hot summer here. Regards Frank.

om...