Old 18-08-2006, 07:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mark Longo Mark Longo is offline

Default Problem with my Lawn

If you are overseeding this may be a quick germinating seed that they mix
with bluegrass seeds. It doesn't look like crabgrass to me. Crabgrass will
grow from a central point much like a dandelion. There is really no need to
overseed unless you have bare areas.
"Peter Pan" wrote in message
I seed my yard twice a year as I'm suppose to, I also water and fertilize
as directed. Lately I'm noticing the grass blades in some areas are no
longer the nice tall thin blades, but more to the short fat blades. I'm
concerned because A: it doesn't look nice and B: I'm hoping its not some
sort of weed growing. Can anyone offer me some advise?