Old 19-08-2006, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Seep hose for water butts?

In article , Trevor
wrote:

Can you recommend one? I can't imagine sprinklers standing up when attached
to a hose without falling over on their side.

I think the reference is to micro spinklers which are offered in micro
irrigation ranges. These are fixed in the ground using small plastic
stakes. However, I'm fairly sure that they won't work without more
pressure.

Some new water butt irrigation devices have just been announced at
http://www.gardenforum.co.uk/mips/gf...ade/detail.asp - including a
submersible pump which can drive a full-size rotating sprinkler..
However, the porous hose and dripper kits work on gravity pressure
alone.

Apparently a 180 litre water butt will keep a gravity-fed dripper
system running for up to two months without rain.