Old 20-08-2006, 02:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray[_1_] Ray[_1_] is offline

Default Low E Glass

Yes, it decreases the overall intensity, but without having a great deal of
effect on the spectrum.

The amount of the decrease in intensity will depend on the thickness of the
coatings used, and the newer, more efficient windows are thicker.

I would have sworn I had a curve somewhere (I used to be the technical- and
sales manager for glass coatings for the company that made the coating
precursors). but cannot locate it.

"bobc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hiya Folks.
We are getting new windows and they have Low E Glass. Will that
decrease the intensity or amount of light reaching my plants?
Thanks!
Bob