Old 20-08-2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc bobc is offline

Default Angraecum and Aerangis mounted Orchids

Hi Alan and welcome!
You may have read about the Angraecum I have? I also have an Aerangis
citrata that I mounted on cork bark. I tied the plant to the bark with
strips of nylon (pantyhose) and then covered the roots with a thin
layer of long fibered sphagnum moss. The plant has been like this for
about a year or so, and seems to be doing well. It flowered once so
far, and grew a new leaf and a couple roots.
I've read in the literature that Aerangis citrata likes to be damp and
shady while actively growing, with a slight drying out between
waterings while resting.
My plant is on a shelf in front of an ESE facing window and gets about
an hour or so of direct sun, filtered through the other plants, in the
morning during the summer, and a bit more direct sun in the winter.
When it is actively growing I try to make sure the moss never dries
out, and while resting I let it get dry, but not stay dry. I do, of
course, miss the mark on a regular basis - lol!
I hope this helps you. There are a bunch of great people here, with
lots of experience.
Bob

wrote:
Hi -
I am new to this Group. I am growing (and just acquired) some Aerangis
and Angraecum mounted orchids. Would enjoy hearing from others who grow
these species and what their experiences have been. Thanks.

ALAN