Old 19-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Dave Millman

Default water cleared up.. but more green fluff.. what does this mean?

linda mar wrote:

Hi all,

I posted earlier about trying to clear out a cloudy tank... Anyway, I did
some minor regimen and now the tank is clear.. so it seems like the
cloudiness was more of an algae thing and not a so much of a bacterial
thing. This is what I did:

1. started to add Flourish Excel 2-3x week
2. started to be more routine about adding Flourish 2x week
3. started to add Flourish Iron whenever I add Flourish
4. reduced the amount of natural lighting (not completely out, but closed
some of the shades)

You are making forward progress. Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose without the
full range of tank parameters and measurements:

Tank size, lighting, substrate, weekly water changes & water source
KH, GH, pH
NO3, Fe
Fish load and plant load
Any other chemicals added (make this one easy: just stop adding any buffers, pH
adjusters, etc.)