Old 19-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Charlie

Default Chilli Seeds

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
news
In brief, You can grow them anywhere in the UK. Search back a few weeks

and
I'm sure there were posts from people growing them outdoors in Scotland.
Obviously the shorter your summer, the smaller your crop. Any garden

centre
should be selling packets of seed. I usually get a packet of mixed seed so
that I can grow a few of each variety. Yes, you can remove the seeds from
shop bought chillies. As mentioned before, let them get to 3-4 pairs of
leaves and then remove the growing tip to make them bushy. They also grow
fine indoors on the kitchen windowsill. I feed with a standard liquid

tomato
feed.

Martin

I'll have to go to B&Q sometime, we don't go there so much, as we have
Writtle Agricultural College on our doorstep and they need all the support
they can get! They also usually seem to be better quality than chain shops.
I'll have another go at the packet of seeds, hopefully with more luck! They
don't get too tall or bushy then if they grow on a windowsill? I always
thought they would be big plants for some reason!

Charlie.

---