Old 21-08-2006, 12:48 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default recipe for Zucchini Loaf

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
"0tterbot" writes:
this summer shall be much better - i have two recipes now g

Great. Now you'll be able to have a zucchini dish for both the main
course AND dessert! With a little ingenuity, you could probably come up
with a mouth-watering zucchini-and-nutmeg ice-cream to top it off! :-)

i reckon! do you ever watch iron chef? the things they make ice-cream from
is frankly astonishing!!

Don't forget that the excess flowers are edible too.

i wanted to try a flower recipe or two, but (this is pathetic, but here's
where my head is at) wee bug families would always be living in there, & i
didn't want to disturb them. hahaha! if they were destructive bugs it would
have been KILL! KILL! KILL!, but they just seemed to be living in there
harmlessly. sigh. when i'd pick the zucchini i'd take off the withered
flower & leave it on the ground so they could rehome themselves.

Stirfried sliced tomatoe, onion and zucchini is good, and hard to beat if
you include a few bacon pieces, too.

this is something my sil makes, but truth be told, it frightens me. i
suspect i'm not a REAL zucchini person at heart.
kylie