Old 21-08-2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Eastern Snowball Cutting?

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:29:59 -0400, Elaine wrote:
This is what I was looking for. Thank you so very much. I was hoping it
wasn't to late to do it now. I will give it a try, if they don't make it I
will go back next summer and ask for more cuttings.

V. plicatum seems to root a bit more easily from harder wood cuttings than
V. opulus. V. macrocephalum (Dirr says) should be treated with
5000-10,000 ppm IBA and should be greenwood but not succulent. They also
don't move worth a darn, so should be transplanted ASAP.

If the new owners are amenable, consider pulling a few of the lower branches
down and "stooling" for propagation... then you can pick up your new plants
next June or so.

Kay