Old 22-08-2006, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default Eastern Snowball Cutting?

Good idea Kay, I've scouted around it looking for something spouting with
roots but no luck. I will try bending a branch down digging a little dirt
around it and place a brick or large stone over it. House is still empty
right now but praying it gets sold quickly
Thanks again
Elaine in Ga
Zone 7b
"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:29:59 -0400, Elaine wrote:
This is what I was looking for. Thank you so very much. I was hoping it
wasn't to late to do it now. I will give it a try, if they don't make it
will go back next summer and ask for more cuttings.

V. plicatum seems to root a bit more easily from harder wood cuttings than
V. opulus. V. macrocephalum (Dirr says) should be treated with
5000-10,000 ppm IBA and should be greenwood but not succulent. They also
don't move worth a darn, so should be transplanted ASAP.

If the new owners are amenable, consider pulling a few of the lower
branches
down and "stooling" for propagation... then you can pick up your new
plants
next June or so.

Kay