Old 22-08-2006, 03:41 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny Jonny is offline

Default Retaining wall

Yard in front of house has a downward slope away from the house. It
averages about 1" per foot, more slope as it goes away from the house. The
fence is about 30' away from the house. I do not want the lawn down to the
fence. Decided on a retaining wall about 20' away from the house in front
allowing about 1/4" per foot slope away from the house.
I've used up all the surface limestone rocks on my property for other
things. Too hot for a rock bar to dig up more. Looking for some flat type
rock I can mortar up and lay for a retaining wall. Need about 60' length
retaining wall.
Where do I get such stone?
Do I have to pour concrete as a base for this wall?
--
Jonny