Old 23-08-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scooter the Mighty Scooter the Mighty is offline

Default Hopefully someone here will know the answer to this

This is really more of a bonsai question, but the bonsai group seems
dead.

Do deciduous trees need any light during the winter after their leaves
fall off? The reason I ask is I want to get a bonsai tree that isn't
suitable for my zone. Rather than wintering it outside where it will
likely freeze and die, I want to have it go through dormancy in a
refrigerator (or maybe my garage). It would be dark in there, but then
the tree wouldn't have any leaves so I'm kind of thinking it wouldn't
matter.